Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat
Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat has a combination structure of Polyester Mat + Fiberglass Scrim + Fiberglass Mat. The strong fiberglass mesh embedded between polyester mat and fiberglass mat is the key to its performance. The fiberglass mat on the bottom side minimizes the mat shrinkage during the overlay process, the polyester mat on the upper side minimizes the possibility of being punctured by some sharp objects. Being reinforced by fiberglass mesh, the Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat has strong tensile strength and low elongation, which extends the life of pavement overlays through the delay of reflective cracking. Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat provides the highest tensile strength with an elongation lower than 5%, making it a strong, commercially available and full coverage paving mat or fabric.
The product also serves as an effective moisture barrier equal to paving fabrics and mats. The unique, non-woven, fiberglass matrix structure of the Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat allows asphalt binder to fully penetrate and fill voids within the fabric, limiting moisture infiltration and preventing water from infiltrating into the granular layers of the pavement structure.
Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat creates innovative solutions to help the paving projects to go smoothly and provides superior performance on airport runways, super highways, parking areas, and business lots.
Polyester Fiberglass Composite Mat
Polyester Mat + Fiberglass scrim +
Polyester Mat +
Fiberglass scrim +
Area Weight (g/M2)
Fiberglass Mat Weight (g/M2)
Polyester Mat Weight (g/M2)
Mesh Open (ends/cm)
MD & CD yarns (Tex)
Binder Content (%)
Tensile Strength MD（N/5cm）
Tensile Strength CD（N/5cm）
Use as excellent paving mat and other geotechnical material.
- Delays reflective cracking
- Provides a Moisture Barrier
- Easy installation and Less Maintenance
- Fully Millable and Recyclable
- Low risk of product shrinkage during the overlay process
- Tensile strength, roll length, width and area weight can be tailored according to client’s demand.
- Remove dirt, gravel and dust from the pavement to assure good adhesion between asphalt and pavement.
- If the road is damaged, it must be repaired to make the surface of the road hard and smooth.
- For a good result, the asphalt binder that will be used to adhere the reinforced polyester paving mat to the road must be hot asphalt, but not emulsified asphalt.
- The temperature of hot asphalt should be between 163℃ and 204 ℃.
- When hot asphalt is covering the road, the Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat must be overlaid onto the hot asphalt before the asphalt loses its mobility so as to assure that the mat is fully soaked in asphalt and effectively provides a moisture barrier.
- When installing Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat, the air temperature must be higher than 4 ℃.
In order to achieve optimal results, here we provide some notes on the installation of Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat:
- Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat must be installed on hot asphalt. We recommend the following asphalt: AC-20; PG64-22; AR8000+, or asphalt with penetration rates of 60-80. In extremely hot weather, we recommend to use bitumen with high viscosity, such as AC-30; PG67-22; AR8000+, or asphalt with penetration grades of 40-60.
- The best ratio of asphalt is 1.1 liters / square meters paving mat, but subject to the project site situation during installation, the ratio can be between 1.0-1.3 liters / square meters. The ratio of asphalt should be adjusted according to different thicknesses of Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat.
- During asphalt delivery, we do not advise to heat the asphalt with a temperature higher than 204 ℃, because this would hinder the pre-mature of liquid asphalt.
- Handle Polyester Fiberglass Reinforced Mat with care during installation, the paving mat could get damaged or it cause bad results if dropped from the installation machine.
- During installation, if it forms a stripe bigger than 2.5cm in any direction, the stripes must be cut and overlaid, and the two layers of paving mat must be fully covered by asphalt so as to ensure the two layers of paving mat fully soaked by the hot asphalt. Use a roller to press the paving mat or use a brush to clear out bubbles in the paving mat to ensure the paving mat is fully adhered to the road. When covering the road with hot asphalt, the width of the asphalt should be 4 inches more than the width of paving mat. Since the paving mat can not be curved, for the winding area of the road the paving mat can be cut into several pieces and be installed to the road manually or mechanically.
- In order to connect two pieces of paving mat: two layers of paving mat must be overlapped together. In the longitudinal direction the width of overlapped area must be at least 10.2cm, and in the lateral direction, the width of overlapped area must be at least 5.1cm.
- If the installation machine or other vehicles have to drive on the paving mat, it should not turn directions frequently nor suddenly so as to avoid damaging the paving mat. Do not scatter sand or other objects on the paving mat. To avoid asphalts sticking to the tire of the machine, do not minimize the ratio of bitumen.