Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat
Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat is produced from the mixture of polyester fiber and glass fiber by wet lay-out process. The combination of glass fiber and polyester fiber is the key to its performance. After mixing the two fibers together, the polyester fiberglass mat keeps good features of both fibers and minimizes shortcomings of both fibers.
Strong tensile strength make polyester-fiberglass composite mat especially suitable for waterproofing of pavements; it extends the life of pavement through the delay of reflective cracking. Polyester fiberglass composite mat also serves as an effective moisture barrier. The unique, non-woven, polyester-fiberglass structure of the mat allows asphalt binder to fully penetrate and fill voids within the mat, limiting moisture infiltration and preventing water from infiltrating into the granular layers of the pavement structure.
Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat creates innovative solutions to help paving projects go smoothly and provides superior performance on airport runways, super highways, parking areas, and business lots.
- PF1003/5 is used as waterproofing, insulation and soundproof material on the wall and ceiling.
- PF136-600 is used as paving mat on highway, airport runway and some other business lots.
- Delays reflective cracking
- Provides a Moisture Barrier
- Easy installation
- Fully Millable and Recyclable
- Low risk of product shrinkage during the overlay process
Tensile Strength MD
Tensile Strength CD
Polyester fiber content
Asphalt absorption capacity
Instructions to use Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat:
- Remove dirt, gravel and dust from the pavement to assure good adhesion between asphalt and pavement.
- If the road is damaged, it must be repaired to make the surface of the road hard and smooth.
- For a good result, the asphalt binder that will be used to adhere the reinforced polyester paving mat to the road must be hot asphalt, but not emulsified asphalt.
- The temperature of hot asphalt should be between 163℃ and 204 ℃.
- When hot asphalt is covering the road, the Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat must be overlaid onto the hot asphalt before the asphalt loses its mobility so as to assure that the mat is fully soaked in asphalt and effectively provides a moisture barrier.
- When installing Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat, the air temperature must be higher than 4 ℃.
In order to achieve optimal results, here we provide some notes on the installation of Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat:
- Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat must be installed on hot asphalt. We recommend the following asphalt: AC-20; PG64-22; AR8000+, or asphalt with penetration rates of 60-80. In extremely hot weather, we recommend to use bitumen with high viscosity, such as AC-30; PG67-22; AR8000+, or asphalt with penetration grades of 40-60.
- The best ratio of asphalt is 1.1 liters / square meters paving mat, but subject to the project site situation during installation, the ratio can be between 1.0-1.3 liters / square meters. The ratio of asphalt should be adjusted according to different thicknesses of Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat.
- During asphalt delivery, we do not advise to heat the asphalt with a temperature higher than 204 ℃, because this would hinder the pre-mature of liquid asphalt.
- Handle Polyester Fiberglass Paving Mat with care during installation, the paving mat could get damaged or it cause bad results if dropped from the installation machine.
- During installation, if it forms a stripe bigger than 2.5cm in any direction, the stripes must be cut and overlaid, and the two layers of paving mat must be fully covered by asphalt so as to ensure the two layers of paving mat fully soaked by the hot asphalt. Use a roller to press the paving mat or use a brush to clear out bubbles in the paving mat to ensure the paving mat is fully adhered to the road. When covering the road with hot asphalt, the width of the asphalt should be 4 inches more than the width of paving mat. Since the paving mat can not be curved, for the winding area of the road the paving mat can be cut into several pieces and be installed to the road manually or mechanically.
- In order to connect two pieces of paving mat: two layers of paving mat must be overlapped together. In the longitudinal direction the width of overlapped area must be at least 10.2cm, and in the lateral direction, the width of overlapped area must be at least 5.1cm.
- If the installation machine or other vehicles have to drive on the paving mat, it should not turn directions frequently nor suddenly so as to avoid damaging the paving mat. Do not scatter sand or other objects on the paving mat. To avoid asphalts sticking to the tire of the machine, do not minimize the ratio of bitumen.